$115.00Instant Download Specifications
- Stereo samples up to 8 velocities per voice.
- Long samples with high quality loops.
- Recorded and edited at 176.4kHz, 24 / 32 bits. Converted to Motif-compatible specs for the final product.
- Fully programmed voices and performances that take advantage of the Motif XS’s unique features.
- 495Mb and 113Mb bank sizes provided.
- Wide stereo image.
- Edited for mono compatibility.
- True sampled damper resonance.
- Release resonance samples.
- Hammer noise samples.
- Big sound with modest sample memory requirements.
- Designed to be incredibly playable.
K-Sounds’ Signature Piano is a sample library for the Yamaha Motif XS featuring beautiful samples of a 7’6” Japanese grand piano. Offering pristine stereo samples throughout the dynamic range and a slightly ambient studio sound with plenty of sustain, Signature Piano is poised to become your signature sound.
Signature Piano offers two sample banks, both fully programmed in a variety of voices and performances: The large 495Mb bank provides up to eight velocity layers in a single piano sound - double what is typically available for traditional workstation keyboards. True-sampled damper resonance adds a lush quality to sustained notes. Release resonance and hammer noise samples* provide extra authenticity to the end of every note. A 113Mb bank is also provided for quick loading. Impressive in its own right, it features 4 sampled velocities plus damper resonance!
Signature Piano offers a unique implementation of sympathetic resonance heard when the damper pedal is pressed: Real sampled resonance is provided - far surpassing mere digital effects or convolution. And because the resonance is presented as an independent component of the instrument, its volume may be adjusted, and it can be disabled entirely.
At K-Sounds, we believe the most important requirement of a piano sample is that it be refreshingly playable. That’s why Signature Piano was played constantly during its development process. The result is far greater than just a collection of samples. We believe it is one of the most musical and playable sampled pianos available.
* To avoid excessive polyphony consumption, hammer noise samples are not active until you enable them within a performance.Download User Guide K-Sounds Signature Piano - Motif XS Format User Guide
Instrument: Motif XS6, XS7, XS8.
Sample Memory: Minimum 128Mb for small bank. 512Mb required for large bank.
Media: Compatible USB storage device (with computer).
No reverb, EQ, compression or other effects processing was added in any demo. What you hear is Signature Piano only.
Classical Works demos were produced using MIDI files created by Bernd Krueger and used by permission. (See http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/de/deed.en) The MIDI files were used unedited.Improvisation Reflective Medium Dynamic Aggressive Purgatory Creek Piano Comparison Classical Works Fantaisie-Impromptu (Chopin) Passepied from Suite Bergamasque (Debussy) Prelude Op. 24, No. 4 (Chopin) Kreisleriana, Op. 16, No. 5 (Schumann) Sonata No. 10 C major, KV 330, Movt. 1 (Mozart)